Thursday, September 16, 2010

19 weeks and counting!!!


And according to babycenter, the baby is now about 6 inches long and weighs 9 ounces. Sensory development reaches its peak this week. The nerve cells serving each of the senses - taste, smell, hearing, seeing, and touch - are now developing in their specialized areas of the brain. Nerve cell production slows down as existing nerve cells grow larger and make more complex connections. Hmm, so maybe that's why I feel a lot of fluttering - a LOT of fluttering - (this is how fetal movements at this stage feel like) maybe because the baby can now hear my voice and whatever sounds it can hear from the inside... And recently, I've been feeling a little heavier even though my OB said I didn't gain any weight since my August visit. Hmmm.. Actually I've decided to cut down a little on too much rice so I won't gain too much weight and later have difficulty, right? But I still eat good, always considering this little fella inside.

We also had a good laugh during my last prenatal check-up because we asked if we can already have an ultrasound to determine the gender. My dear OB just laughed us off, said we were too excited. She suggested to have the ultrasound when I'm already on my 6th month, so there'll be very little chances of the ultrasound tech giving us an erroneous answer to the most intriguing question - boy or girl?

My dad also laughed at us when we called them Monday night, I think that was Monday night. Anyway, he asked why we were so curious, well I said it's because we have to pick a color for the baby things! And he blurted out yellow because it's gender neutral. Yikes! Is it? Same with Mark's comment in the movie Juno, we actually haven't seen a guy with a yellow room... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Hi, Still Alive. How’re you?

 So I decided to visit my blog. Just because. And of course, since I didn’t delete it, it’s still here. Stagnant. Just observing. Doing noth...