Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A Song I Remembered

Guess what, I overslept this morning. I was so stressed last night I slept at about almost 1 in the morning. Hmph! Darn beauty rest.

Anyway, so I woke up late and so hurriedly took a bath and as I was shampooing I suddenly remembered a song that I used to hear from the radio when I was in high school and at that time thought to myself, "That's weird. They break up and she thanks the guy for making her stronger?"

Regine Velasquez -...


I didn't think it can happen right until I was in that same situation. I'm actually in the process of making myself stronger,

Is it hard to believe I'm okay?

and as I was finishing my bath, I didn't realize it immediately that I was singing. Singing the "You've Made Me Stronger" song...

Oh, well... Got to go...

And oh, here's the lyrics, this was sung by Regine Velasquez.

---oOo---

Is it hard to believe I'm okay
After all, it's been a while since you walked away
I'm way past crying over your finding someone new
You turned my days into night
But now I see the light
And this may be a big surprise to you

REFRAIN:
(But/'Cause) you've made me stronger by breaking my heart
You ended my life and made a better one start
You've taught me everything from fallin' in love
To letting go of a lie
Yes, you've made me stronger, baby, by saying goodbye

If you'd rather believe I'm not over you
Go ahead - there's nothing wrong with making believe
I know 'cause I used to pretend you'd come back to me
But time has been such a friend
Brought me to my senses again
And I have you to thank for setting me free

(Repeat Refrain)

Think again
Don't feel so sorry for me, my friend
Oh, don't you know
I'm not the one at the losing end.

(Repeat Refrain twice moving into higher notes 'till fade)

You made stronger by saying
Goodbye...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Hi, Still Alive. How’re you?

 So I decided to visit my blog. Just because. And of course, since I didn’t delete it, it’s still here. Stagnant. Just observing. Doing noth...