Friday, April 4, 2008

SM: Indifferent About Moldy Chocolates

I already received two copies of this email - the incident when a man bought chocolates from SM Supermarket and the thing had molds! The annoying thing was that the supervisor and attendants of SM were not very good with pretending they were concerned. They just stood there like it was very common. Well, maybe it is a COMMON THING FOR SM TO RECEIVE CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS REGARDING THE THINGS, ESPECIALLY FOOD ITEMS, THAT THEY SELL. They even said that they would have to talk to their supplier to resolve the issue. But I was thinking, don't they have some sort of quality control that monitors and checks the expiry dates of the things they receive from their suppliers?! Isn't that just common sense for such a big company like SM? Wake up and smell the molds!!!!

Read on below to know the details straight from the person who bought the moldy chocolate. I got these from the email that's circulating. I provided translations for my other readers.. ;)


Yung mga Cudburry na binebenta sa SM Supermarket may amag!
{Cadbury sold at SM Supermarket has molds!}

1st Incident


Around September 2006. Bumili ako ng Cudburry Fruit and Nut sa SM Bicutan. Pag-uwi eh di kinain ko na. Half way sa pagkain, naibaliktad ko ang chocolate bar. Nagulat ako kasi pulbos-pulbos na ang likod. Akala ko natuyong chocolate lang. Nung binuklat ko ang foil, may mga sapot na! Amag pala! Dami ko nang nakain! Yung expiration date nya halos 1 year pa bago mag-expire. Problem ko lang, naitapon ko na ang receipt kaya di na ko nakabalik sa SM para mag-away. Bad trip! {Around September 2006, I bought Cadbury Fruit & Nut in SM Bicutan. I immediately ate it when I arrived home. Halfway through, I flipped the chocolate bar and was surprised to see something powdery on the surface. I thought it was just dried chocolate. When I removed the foil wrapper, I saw cobwebs! It's molds! And I ate too much already! The expiration date said it still has one year before expiry. The problem was, I cannot complain to SM anymore because I already threw the receipt. Bad trip!}

Mula nun di na ko bumibili ng chocolates sa SM. Mga 6 months ago lang siguro ako bumili ulit sa SM ng chocolate. {Since then, I don't buy chocolates from SM anymore. Until just about 6 months ago when I bought chocolates from SM again.}

2nd Incident

Bumili ako ng Cudburry Black Forest sa SM Makati nung January 7, 2008 para pasalubong ko sa 3-year old kong anak. Syempre pag dating ko sa bahay kinain na ng anak ko. Tumikim din kami ni misis. Same nung first incident, kalahati na yung chocolate, nasilip ni misis yung likuran ng chocolate bar, medyo butas na yung isang part dahil sa amag na naman!!! Ang expiration date ay September 2008 pa. Buti na lang di ko naitapon ang resibo ngayon kaya kinabukasan (January 8, 2008) binalikan ko ang SM. Kinuhanan ko pa ng picture ang chocolate. Tingnan nyo yung attachment na "Cudburry Amag Flavor ng SM.jpg". Yung mga itim-itim dyan, yan yung amag. Yung bandang dulo ng chocolate, parang mga spider web na... imagine kinain ng anak ko yan!!! {I bought Cadbury Balck Forest from SM Makati on January 7, 2008 to give to my 3-year old. Of course, when I arrived home, my 3-year old kid started eating it, my wife took a bite also. And same as with the first incident, they already finished half of the chocolate bar. Then my wife saw the back part of the bar and saw tiny holes! Upon inspection, she saw that the holes were because of the molds! The expiration date says it's good until September 2008. Fortunately this time, I managed to keep the receipt. So I went back to SM, took a picture of the chocolate - look at "Cudburry Amag Flavor ng SM.jpg".... The black things there, those are the molds. And at the end part of the bar, there are already spiderwebs. Imagine, my kid was eating that!!!

Punta ko sa SM Makati, sa Customer Service nila. Nagsumbong ako dun sa babae. Dollie Deleon ang name nya (see attached). Kinwento ko sa kanya ang karanasan ko. Unang tanong nya eh kung gusto ko daw palitan yung chocolate, kukuha sila ng ibang stock, bubuksan daw muna bago ko dalhin. Eh kung di ba naman isa't kalahating walang pakundangang plip itong babaeng ito. Sinosoli ko na nga ang chocolate nila kasi may amag, papalitan pa nya ng chocolate din na nanggaling dun sa pinagbilhan ko! Plip di ba? Syempre sabi ko ayaw ko at isoli na lang nila ang pera ko. Umaangal pa din sya. Sabi nya di daw pwede kasi talaga na i-refund, dapat daw replacement kahit ibang items na baka gusto kog bilhin. {So I went to SM makati, to their Customer Service. I complained there and talked to Dollie Deleon. I told her my experiences and she just asked if I wanted my chocolate replaced, because if I did, they're going to get a new one from their stocks, open it for inspection and if OK, then I can have that. What the .....?! Is she insane? I'm returning the chocolate because it has molds and she's suggesting they're gonna replace it with another one from the same stock? Psycho?! Of ourse I told them I don't want it, and that they should just return my money. She still refused. She said it cannot be done, they do not give refunds, just replacements - even with a different item.}



Nagalit na ko. Sabi ko sa kanya (not the exact words pero same thought) "Ganun na lang yun!? Ganun lang gagawin nyo dyan? Papalitan nyo lang eh sinabi ko na nga sa inyo na kinain ng 3-year old na anak ko yan di ba? Tingnan nyo nga itsura nyan! Papalitan nyo lang, wala kayong gagawin?". Plip talaga di ba? Parang di nya nage-gets yung nararamdaman kong takot para sa anak ko at sa amin ng misis ko na kumain ng BULOK na binebenta nila, parang normal na situation lang na nagkamali lang ako ng size ng damit na binili ko... parang ganun lang, plip talaga! Ayun, tsaka nya lang sinabi na dapat daw ako mag-file ng complain. Pinatawag nya yung Supervisor nila at binigyan nila ako ng Complain form para fill-up-an. {At this point I was mad. I told her, not the exact words but more or less meant like this: "Is that it? That's all you're going to do? You're just going to replace it even though I already told you that my 3-year old kid has been eating that? Why don't you take a good look at that?! You're just gonna replace it and do nothing?!" Doesn't she get the fear that I'm feeling, knowing that my wife and kid ate that spoiled chocolate bar? They look at it as if it's normal like I bought a shirt in the wrong size. And that's the only time she said I should file a complaint. So she called her Supervisor and gave me a Complaint Form.

Habang nagpi-fill-up ako ng Complain form, dumating yung Selling Supervisor nila, si Myra Escalona daw yun. Tapos sabi nila ire-refer nga daw nila sa supplier nila yung bulok na inaamag na chocolate nila. Nanghingi ako sa kanila ng writings tungkol sa incident na ito, kung ano yung gagawin nilang actions, etc. Ayaw magbigay, di daw sila nagbibigay ng mga written statement talaga. Meron naman daw akong receipt na proof. {As I was filling out my complaint form, the Selling Supervisor arrived, Myra Escalona. They said they're gonna refer me to their supplier. I asked them for a written transcript of this incident and what are the steps they're going to make, etc. They didn't want to give any. They said they don't give out official written statements and that I already have a receipt as proof.}

BL's Note: At this point I find it weird that they liken an official statement to a receipt. Didn't they go to school or anything?!

Receipt!?

Proof!?

Hanep! Mga plip talaga! Yung Supervisor, andun lang, hinipo-hipo lang yung chocolate, kinanausap saglit yung CS representative, wala namang ginagawa. Kausap ko lang yung CS representative pa din. Since ayaw nila ko bigyan ng written statement, kinuhanan ko sila ng picture gamit ng cellphone ko, yun nga ang naka-attach.{And the Supervisor was just thee looking at and touching the chocolate. Talked to her representative for a moment. Didn't do anything good. And since they didn't want to give an official statement, I took their picture. See attached.}



Maya-maya, umalis yung CS representative, pagbalik may dala nang pera. Ni-refund nila ang pera na pinambili ko nung Cudburry. Sabi nung una di daw pwede di ba? Plip na Sinungaling pa!!! Tapos tinanong ko sila, papano kung masira ang tiyan ng anak ko, ano gagawin nyo? Sabi nila, ipo-forward daw nila ang problem sa Supplier nila. Haaayyy... Ibig sabihin walang kasalanan ang SM sa pangyayaring ito? Eh sila ang nagdi-display ng mga items at nagbebenta sa mga tao tapos ayaw nilang akuin ang kasalanan. tinuturo nila ang supplier. Sila yung binilhan ng tao eh! Sila yung nag-a-alok na tao na bilhin yung mga products na yun. Sila yung kumikita. Tapos kapag problem na sa product iwas na sila. Di ako expert dito pero sa pagkakaalam ko dapat sila ang mag-aayos ng problem ng customer nila, at pag na-ayos nila, sila na makipag-coordinate sa supplier nila kung may sisingilin man sila dun. Pero style nitong mga to hindi ganun, bigla silang mawawala sa picture pag problem na. Mga anak ng.... buti na lang di ako nagmumura talaga. {After a few more moments, the Representative left came back with money. They're refunding my money. How come they said at first that it was not possible? Psychos and Liars!!!! And then I asked them, what if my wife and kid's stomach get fu*ked up? What are they going to do? They said they're gonna forward it to their supplier. Which means, their not at all accountable for what happened? When they're the ones that displayed the items and sold it to the people? They're the ones that offered to sell the products, they're the one earning, and when problems occur, they avoid it? I'm not an expert on this but what I know is that they should be the one settling the issue with the customers, and when they have it resolved, then they should coordinate with the supplier if ever they have something to collect. But these people's style is not like that. They just suddenly disappear from the picture. Sons of .....good thing I don't do profanities.}

Kinuha ko na lang yung pera at umalis na dala yung mga pictures nila at ng chocolate. Pahabol pa yung CS representative ng "Pasensya na sir". Nasa isip ko, "Abangan nyo na lang pagsikat nyo sa email". {So I took the money and went home, bringing with me their pictures and the picture of chocolate. The CS representative even said as I was going out, "Sorry Sir." Then I thought, Just wait for your fame in the emails...}

BL's Note: and in blogs too!!! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by!

Hi, Still Alive. How’re you?

 So I decided to visit my blog. Just because. And of course, since I didn’t delete it, it’s still here. Stagnant. Just observing. Doing noth...