Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Don't Worry...

I just saw the comment of Dan Mihaliak on NO FEAR and I realized that all of us has those moments when we feel down or depressed or even worried with what we fear is going to happen in the future. And among these worries are financial-based, meaning about money and wealth and needs and wants.Don't Worry!

I don't believe it was a coincidence but my husband to be and myself were just talking about these stuff too - the expenses for the wedding, for the house that we just 'bought' (mortgaged.. hehe..), and our daily expenses and other such whatnots. He actually just called sounding so down because he's already starting to be overwhelmed by the figures we came up with. But as I opened my bible, my reading plan brought me to Matthew 6. A famous chapter for verses about Not Worrying. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Matthew 6:31-34 say:

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. {Notice the smiley after the word "seek"..I copied this verbatim from a King James Bible}

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the tings of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.


Now isn't that just comforting? To really think about it, it just means that I don't need to worry, God shall provide everything, I'll just have to continue trusting Him and not myself. Do not worry or be depressed. Everything will be just fine.



photo credits: Thanks to http://www.qed-uk.org/pep.php...

1 comment:

  1. hello!

    good day! 1 of our co-bloggers is in need now of help for his family was diagnosed from dengue and needing blood transfusion urgently..visit http://walkingnewspaper.blogspot.com/2009/01/i-received-just-this-morning-commentary.html

    hope we can extend prayers and financial help for kuya angel..thank u!


    gagay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by!

Hi, Still Alive. How’re you?

 So I decided to visit my blog. Just because. And of course, since I didn’t delete it, it’s still here. Stagnant. Just observing. Doing noth...